Celebrating 238th Birthday on the 4th of July with #AMCoffee

July 4 – 238th Birthday

4th of July Hidden Flag Cake

4th of July Hidden Flag Cake. Photo: cakecentral

We’ll be LIVE 10:30 AM EST

Grab a cup ‘o Joe and share what’s on your mind for an hour on this FRIDAY, JULY 4.

Today, on this Fourth of July, we are joining together in celebration of our country’s 238th birthday.  It is a time to reflect on our nation’s rich history and the many sacrifices made to preserve our freedom.

This Independence Day is especially notable as we mark the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812 and also that of our national anthem, the “Star-Spangled Banner.” During an attack on Fort McHenry in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland, it was a garrison flag “whose broad stripes and bright stars” inspired Francis Scott Key to pen the lyrics to our national anthem in 1814.

The commemoration of our “Second War of Independence” reminds us that throughout our nation’s history, many Americans have served our country in defense of our freedoms.  From the Revolutionary War to Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, our service men and women have valiantly devoted their lives to something greater than themselves.

Today is Your day for family, friends, yourself. Spend it with elevated mood, a spark of inspiration that would carry  you throughout the day. Make it a healthy day from all points of view. Smile, charge your body with a 15-minute power walk, take a few moments to reflect, to bake and decorate. Whatever you feel you wanna do today – DO IT!

Happy 4th of July and we’ll keep each one of you in our Hearts and Thoughts!

Comments

1. CoffeeTime says:

AM COFFEE – Sign In and Leave your today’s thoughts on our INDEPENDENCE DAY; What it means to you, and How you intend to commemorate it into your One-Day History. Your History.

Please
    Retweet
    Retweet 2
    Repin
    Google +1
    Candy for Your Eyes today

• Judy Gregory says:

Good morning all! I love all “Patriotic” holidays. My roomie and I have a tradition of watching the movie “1776” every 4th. I do miss my daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter. My daughter is ex-army and her husband is currently stationed in Hawaii. (They met in Afghanistan.) I can only imagine the celebration where they are.

• CoffeeTime says:

Judy,
        Have a great Day today!
        Hawaii has its own Hawaii-style celebration of the 4th of July. This is my home and I miss it so much.
        I love the concerts of the grass with the Hawaiian famous singers and all kinds of activities. It’s just so unique and different than anywhere else in the country.

• Judy Gregory says:

My daughter is probably going to be stuck close to home. Ava is only 10 months old. My son-in-law pulled duty today and they’ve only been there about a month. My son-in-law was born in Hawaii when his father was stationed there.

• wendy c g says:

Good morning, Happy 4th. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and be safe. Thank you to all those who have served and are currently serving.

• Raye Wiedner says:

Happy 4th everyone! I hope everyone gets to spend some quality family time today, and stays safe.

• Virginia Rogers says:

Good Evening All!! Beautiful Cakes, We used to do big family picnics and a cake similar to the one with strawberries and blueberries but unfortunately have spent most of day in bed not feeling well, my daughter sick and other one working. So very quiet this year. My Boyfriend and I will probably watch fireworks tonight on TV. Have a great day all!! 🙂

• thia beniash says:

Happy 4th everyone…. I did the unthinkable today…. I went and bought a love seat and two pretty chairs to replace my 17 year old couches! I didn’t even ask the hubby to shop with me, I wanted to show my independence and all….lol. Then I crafted ALL day catching up on some gifts that needed to be made. then I watched the neighbors pretty fireworks with the kid. All in all, a wonderful day! oh, did I mention I slaved over dinner….called for pizza 🙂