Things To Be Grateful For Every Day #AMCoffee

What Are You Thankful For?

Woman with joy happiness gratefulness

Life is for living, and living it with gratefulness and joy every day without exceptions. Sounds a bit stretched for you? You are not alone with the daily routine that may not bring you to the place of peace where all things are possible.

That is why surrounding yourself with people and activities that bring exhilaration of feelings and emotions that make you feel ALIVE is an intentional process that calls for your attention – yes, you guessed it right – every day of your life. That is, of course, if you really would like to find yourself day-in and day-out in a place where you are ONE with your own self and Universe.

Here are a few reminders shared with you and all of us by Marc Chernoff. Nothing is new here. What is NEW is today as a New Day in your life. Ad when you start putting your intention onto these things, you shall find yourself on Purpose every single moment of your life, no matter what happens around you. WITHIN, you always be YOU and your values and your Joy and Peace you are making a gazillion of decisions.

Celebrate Living In The Now.

Comments

1. CoffeeTime says:

AM COFFEE – Sign In! HELLO, Everyone!

Let’s start today with an affirmation “I Am JOY.”
    Please share with us what you are Grateful for.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

I am grateful for my life as it is today and the opportunity to be a vessel for my Heavenly Father each and every day in spite of my shortcomings.

2. CoffeeTime says:
  3. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I have kept an open mind to new ideas and experiences.

As they say, a ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for. Accepting some level of risk in life is important. You cannot be both close-minded and wise. You have to open up to the unknown. Close-minded people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics.

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it’s the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world that occurs when we’re afraid it will hurt us or let us down.

Cynics always say “no.” Do the opposite. Saying “yes” begins things. Saying “yes” is how things grow. Saying “yes” leads to firsthand experience and knowledge. “Yes” is for strong, open-minded people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say “yes.”

• joann tompkins winborn says:

Very wise words regarding an area that I am still working on. Not much of a risk taker. Seems I say yes and often regret it after the fact, so I hesitate in stepping out of my comfort zone these days.

4. CoffeeTime says:

I am following my heart and intuition.

Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams. Live the life you want to live. Be the person you want to remember years from now. Make decisions and act on them. Make mistakes, fail and try again. Even if you fail a thousand times, at least you won’t have to wonder what could have been.

At least you will know in your heart that you gave your dreams your best shot. Each of us has a fire in our hearts burning for something. It’s our responsibility in life to find it and keep it lit.

Because it’s far better to fail in originality, our own way, than to succeed in imitation every day of our lives.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

This paragraph is much easier for me. I LOVE my life! I have learned to embrace the trials and look for the lessons in them. I have learned less is more in so many ways. I may stray from pursuing my dreams, but I don’t stay there very long. And for that I am grateful.

5. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I am being honest with myself.

Be honest about what’s right, as well as what needs to be changed. Be honest about what you want to achieve and who you want to become. Be honest with every aspect of your life, always. Because you are the one person you can forever count on.

Own your choices, and be willing to take the necessary steps to improve upon them. Either you take accountability for your life or someone else will. And when they do, you will become an instrument of their ideas and dreams instead of a pioneer of your own.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

Our Hearts Deceive Us and in that I often find that what I thought was being honest with myself was really led by underlying selfish motives or wrong thinking processes.
      This one is a daily process for me as I learn to separate truth from the lies I have held on to for so many years.
      Thank God He does not allow me to walk in deception for long, but as long as I stay open, directs me to His truth in a timely fashion.

6. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I am making a difference.
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. Is it true that we all live to serve? That by helping others we fulfill our own destiny?

The answer is a simple “yes.” When you make a positive impact in someone else’s life, you also make a positive impact in your own life.

Do something that’s greater than you – something that helps someone else to be happy or to suffer less. You are only one, but you are one. You cannot do everything, but you can do something.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

This is what I live for. To reach out to others and be there in their need however I am able is life’s greatest pleasure.

7. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I don’t need anyone else to complete me.

There’s far more to life than finding someone who will want you, or getting upset over someone who won’t. There’s a lot of important time to be spent discovering yourself without begging someone to fall in love with you along the way… and this journey doesn’t need to be empty or painful.

YOU need to fill yourself up with love – self-love – first. Become a whole being on your own. Go on adventures, explore your passions, wander around the city and see new sights, sit in coffee shops and read, write on bathroom stalls, leave notes in library books, dress up for yourself, give to others who can’t pay you back, smile and have fun. Do all things with love, but don’t romanticize life like you can’t survive without someone giving it to you every second.

You can. And once you give it to yourself, you will feel healed, and you will ultimately open yourself up to the possibility of healthy relationships with others.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

I spent the majority of my life working this one out.
      For years I was a codependent woman who needed a man in her life to feel worthy.
      I am blessed to say that I have finally come to a place in my life where I can enjoy my own company.
      I can recognize my own strengths and weaknesses.
      I can look in the mirror and love the person looking back at me. Good and bad, beautiful and ugly all aspects.
      Finally flying solo by choice and loving it!

8. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I have been brave enough to be vulnerable.

So many of us feel alone, even when we’re surrounded by others we call friends and family. Inside, regardless of present company, we feel misunderstood and scared.

We worry that telling people about our fears will make them think less of us.

We wonder if anyone else feels the same way we do.

We convince ourselves that we’re weird, that no one else hears the voices in their head, that we’re the only one who needs a hug.

Well wake up! YOU aren’t alone.

Be brave enough to open up to those you love, and you’ll see that I’m right. Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around yourself.

Owning your story can be hard, but not nearly as difficult as spending your life running from it.

Embracing your vulnerability is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and friendship and personal growth – the life experiences that require you to be the most vulnerable.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

Vulnerability is a strength not a weakness and I am happy to say that I am able to speak openly of the areas in which I feel vulnerable.
      When I speak of my struggles I often find that God brings others into my life who are walking a similar path, connecting our lives through the common threads that bind us together.
      I am able to be of help others by sharing my own experiences both good and bad.

9. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I have forgiven those who once hurt me.

We’ve all been hurt by another person at some point or another – we were treated badly, trust was broken, hearts were hurt.

And while this pain is normal, sometimes that pain lingers for too long. We relive the pain over and over, letting them live rent-free in our head and we have a hard time letting go. Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness, it causes us to miss out on the beauty of life as it happens.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

Forgiveness is a bitter root that binds our hearts and keeps us from the inner peace God wishes us to experience.
      We must forgive others so we can free ourselves.
      Doesn’t mean we forget the wrongs done to us or that we must be friends with the people who hurt us, but true forgiveness will give us the ability to let go and move on.

10. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I persevered through tough times.

Sometimes you have to die a little on the inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself again. Call it growth.

Call it finding yourself. Call it whatever you want. The key is to live moment to moment when times are tough, and push forward, until moments become minutes… minutes become hours… hours become days… days become weeks… weeks turn to months… and time again has meaning… and life becomes a reason to smile.

The process is almost like learning to walk or speak for the very first time. It isn’t easy, but in the process we grow and we find ourselves, stronger, wiser, and possessing talents we didn’t know we had. When we refuse to give up on ourselves, the toughest of times can lead us to the best.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

In my darkest hours I am grateful for my understanding that God is there with me and will give me the strength to get through whatever trials I am facing.
      He not only gets me through, but I am a more compassionate person on the other side for having endured.
      The knowledge and insight I gain in going through the trial becomes a path to reaching out to others going through similar experiences.
      Grateful for the difficult times that allow me to appreciate the blessings.

11. CoffeeTime says:

amcoffee

I have no regrets.

This one is simply an amalgamation of the previous eight, and then some… Follow your heart. Be true to yourself. Do what makes you happy. Be with who makes you smile. Laugh as much as you breathe. Love as long as you live.

Say what you need to say. Find the courage to feel different, yet beautiful. Find it in your heart to make others feel good too. Know that you don’t need many people in your life, just a few great ones, so don’t lower yourself and your standards for the wrong reasons.

Be strong when things get tough. Remember that the universe is always doing what’s right. Recognize when you’re wrong and learn from it. Always look back and see how much you’ve grown, and be proud of yourself.

Appreciate all the things you have. Celebrate your small victories. Forgive. And let go of the things you can’t control.

• joann tompkins winborn says:

Such wonderful advice in this #amcoffee today!
      My only regret in life is that I didn’t understand what is truly important earlier on. but then if I had, the testimonies that came from the test would not exist.
      Thanks for posting this and reminding me how blessed I am to have gone through all that I have.
      This post has reminded me how far God has brought me and reassured me that there is nothing He will not get me through in the future.
      Blessings to you and yours.